As a celebrant, I have to be able to be creative, write like an author, speak as an orator, be able to stage manage large and small events, have sound legal knowledge and highly developed organisational skill.
Each of my various work experiences and work history has enabled me to develop these skills.
• Justice of the Peace since 1981
• Citizen of the Year 2003 for City of Willoughby
• Diploma of Marriage Celebrancy; (Distinction), International College of Celebrancy 2004
• Diploma of Funeral Celebrancy; (Distinction), International College of Celebrancy 2004
• Toastmasters Speechcraft Course 2004
• 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 Australian Bridal Industry Academy (ABIA) Finalist
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) 2010
• Project management and organisation of complex high-profile events
• The majority of my professional working life has been in the live theatre industry
• Extensive interviewing and assessing experience in both government and private sectors
• Member of Funeral Celebrant Association of Australia – President 2010 – 2013